Western Cape Junior IT Support Technician
Arch is a premier retail management software package, developed, implemented, maintained and supported by Spinnaker Software into Sub-Saharan Africa. Arch is a cutting-edge product that continuously boasts first-to-market product developments.
Professionals who want to be proactively involved with projects, from inception to completion, will enjoy working in this environment. The nature of this position is not an 8-5. The successful candidate will need to make a commitment to working extra hours to ensure deliverables are met.
If you see yourself developing your career as part of a professional, innovative and growing company, then this is the opportunity for you.
The Junior IT Support Technician is responsible for on-site installations, as well as support of, and consumables sales to our retail client base in the Western Cape, including the Garden Route and West Coast.
- Microsoft Skills.
- A+ N+ or MCSE or Diploma or related Degree.
- Hardware and Software experience. (Advantageous, but not essential)
- Experience in cabling implementation. (Advantageous, but not essential)
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work long hours as needed. (Standby, overtime, shifts and weekends)
- Own vehicle.
- Valid License.
- With this being an entry level, junior position, full training will be provided.
- This position involves extensive travel and overtime.
- Travel reimbursed at AA rates when own vehicle is used for business purposes.
- POS / Retail / FMCG experience (Advantageous, but not essential)
- Branch Manager.
- Technical Manager.
- Technical Customer Support Department.
- Senior IT Technicians.
- Clients, both telephonic as well as on-site.
- Client calls.
- Conduct site audits / site surveys.
- Site preparations.
- Cabling installation.
- Hardware installations / maintenance.
- Software installations / maintenance.
- Services and maintenance.
- Liaising with clients.
- Fault identification and solutions offering.
- Escalation of more complex fault findings to 3rd Line Technicians.
- All related administration.
- Ability to take ownership.
- Attention to detail.
- Positive Attitude.
- Professional communication Skills in English.
- Above average communication skills in Afrikaans. (Preferred)
- Willingness to learn.
- A Word formatted CV.
- A copy of a recent salary slip.
- Copy of ID.
- Copy of qualifications / certifications.
Should you not hear from us within a period of 14 working days, please consider your application declined. Future opportunities within the company will be advertised and, should your skills set be suitable for the stipulated criteria, please feel free to resubmit your information.
We wish you well with your application and future career endeavours.
The Arch Recruitment Team