Cape Town (H/O) Customer Support Technicians
Arch is a premier retail management software package, developed, implemented, maintained and supported by Spinnaker Software in Sub-Saharan Africa. Arch is a cutting-edge product that continuously boasts first-to-market product developments.
Young professionals who want a good start, and to continue growing their IT careers, will find this an exciting company and an excellent opportunity. If you want to be part of a dynamic, innovative and growing organisation, then Spinnaker Software is the place for you.
This position entails providing telephonic and on-line technical support to our client base on our POS software, Arch, using SQL as the back-end.
A function of this role is to determine whether a query is a user error or a system error. System errors are referred to Technical Consultant department.
- BSc (IT) or IT diploma (A+; N+) or MCSE
- Microsoft SQL knowledge / experience
- 5 – 5 years’ work experience in a similar environment advantageous
- Retail background advantageous
- Good communication skills in English
- Good communication in Afrikaans, advantageous but not essential
- Team Player
- A problem solver / logical thinker
- Ability to work under pressure
- Reliable and dedicated
- Ambitious person who is willing to put in the extra effort to advance within the company
As the nature of our business is not 8-5, please note that shift-work applies.
Weekday shift are:
- 07h00 – 16h00
- 08h00 – 17h00
- 09h00 – 18h00
- 10h00 – 19h00
- 11h00 – 20h00
- 16h00 – midnight / late (upgrade shift).
Weekend shifts are:
- 07h00 – 16h00
Further Shift and Overtime Information:
- Staff work on average 2 Saturday and 1 Sunday shifts a month. In the week following a Saturday shift you will get 1 day during the week off.
- Sundays are paid at 1.5 times overtime as Sundays are part of our normal support hours.
- Public holidays are paid at 2 times overtime.
- Upgrade shifts are not eligible for overtime.
- A flat rate per upgrade is paid according to store size.
- There is a stand-by shift, from 20h00 – 07h00, which is covered by 1 person for 1 week at a time.
- A stand-by allowance is paid.
- Ability to take ownership
- Attention to detail
- Positive Attitude
- Professional communication Skills in English
- Above average communication skills in Afrikaans (Preferred)
- Willingness to learn
- A Word formatted CV
- A copy of a recent salary slip
- Copy of ID
- Copy of qualifications / certifications
Should you not hear from us within 14 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
We wish you well in your career search going forward.