Gauteng Support Technician
Arch is a premier retail management software package, developed, implemented, maintained and supported by Spinnaker Software into Sub-Saharan Africa. Arch is a cutting-edge product that continuously boasts first-to-market product developments.
Professionals who want to be proactively involved with projects from inception to completion, will enjoy working in this environment. The nature of this position is not an 8-5. The successful candidate will need to make a commitment to working extra hours to ensure deliverables are met.
If you see yourself developing your career as part of a professional, innovative and growing company, then this is the opportunity for you.
The Technician is responsible for on-site installations, as well as support of, and consumables sales to our retail client base in the Gauteng and surrounding regions.
- 1 year + experience
- Microsoft Skills
- A+ N+ / MCSE / Diploma / Degree
- Hardware and Software experience
- Experience in cabling implementation
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work long hours as needed (Standby, Overtime, Shifts and Weekends)
- Own vehicle
- Valid License
(Please note: Travel reimbursement per km based on AA rates. For longer trips, a company vehicle will be made available.)
- POS / Retail / FMCG experience preferred
- Branch Manager (Direct Line Manager)
- Technical Manager
- Technical Customer Support Department
- Senior IT Technicians
- Other IT Technicians
- Clients, both telephonically as well as on-site
- Client Calls
- Conduct Site Audits / Site Surveys.
- Site Preparations
- Cabling Installation
- Hardware Installations / Maintenance
- Software Installations / Maintenance
- Services and Maintenance
- Client Liaising
- Fault identification and solutions offering
- Escalation of more complex fault findings to 3rd Line Technicians
- All related Administration
- Ability to take ownership
- Attention to detail
- Positive Attitude
- Professional communication Skills in English
- Above average communication skills in Afrikaans (Preferred)
- Willingness to learn
Provided in the role:
- Extensive training offered
- Seeing problem solving and implementations come to fruition
- Working in an ever-changing environment
- Opportunities for individual career development and promotion from within the company
- A Word formatted CV
- A copy of a recent salary slip
- Copy of ID
- Copy of qualifications / certifications
Should you not hear from us within 14 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
We wish you well in your career search going forward.